Monday, January 12, 2009

Evolution


One topic that stands in my mind is evolution. Evolution is a topic that is argued by many scientists and Christian believers. When I think of evolution, and my beliefs of it, I think of the human evolution sequence. The picture shows an ape in its bent-over stage, and it progressively gets upright, walking on two legs and human. Humans and apes are very similar. Their brains, their appendages, fingers and toes, and even their bones are similar to ours. The reason they are not identical, is because they are not fully evolved. The spine structure is not complete, therefore they walk hunched over and most of the time on all fours. Apes are very intelligent, and even today scientists are teaching them things by speaking to them, telling them to press the correct button or point out the correct number/color. Although some do not believe in evolution, because of the theory that God created all mankind and all animals in their uniqueness, the scientific evidence is very outstanding. It is hard for me to not believe in evolution, because there is so much historical evidence with multiple types of bones from different times, of these apes. They grew different and adapted to the world, just as it changed.

1 comment:

dragyonfly said...

You should take an anthropology course in college related to this subject for one of your humanities courses. I loved it. I think it was called Man's Place in Nature. But that was eons ago...I know for sure they have discovered new clues since then, such as Lucy.